Tuesday 13 December 2011

Advent Calender 13

Rain On Rain


Bloody hell last night was a little bit wet. At least it was not snow.

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Enough for Him, Whom cherubim, worship night and day,
Breastful of milk, and a mangerful of hay;
Enough for Him, Whom angels fall before,
The ox and ass and camel which adore.

Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;




Best carol ever

In The Bleak Midwinter


In The Bleak Midwinter


Bert Jansch In The Bleak Midwinter

Ed Harcourt In The Bleak Midwinter 

And for some sunnier Christmas cheer (Ok its very emotional) 

Tim Minchin  White Wine In The Sun

Jules





No comments:

Post a Comment